Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sorry Pimples but they don't want you

Posted by The Queen Bee at Saturday, July 23, 2011


I am off for some errands this afternoon and I hope that finally this time, I will be able to find this face powder that my best friend from the US is looking for to cure her pimples.  I've asked a few friends about where to find this and some of them said it can be found in one of those Maranao stores in Aldevinco or it can either be found in Bankerohan or some stalls along San Pedro St.. This looks like a one great task since I haven't been to those places for years now.  The face powder we are talking about here is meimei powder, one that I have never heard of.  

My research told me meimei powder is actually made of borax powder, a friend said it's this powder some women use to make their faces smoother and lighter.  The sound of borax somewhat bothers me so I looked it up in Wikipedia and found out that one of its common uses is really for cosmetics, detergents or teeth bleaching to name a few.  Knowing what it is I'm looking for I guess makes the task half done.

Now this idea amuses me since I also have sisters and friends who have been suffering from acne at some point in their lives and they say proactiv has been the only thing that answered their problems with acne.  I remember before that proactiv is not yet available here in the Philippines so my aunt would ask my lola to buy her proactiv in the US for her pimples. Now, my friend in the US says she'd want me to send her meimei powder because it's the tried and tested most effective cure for her pimples and can only be found here in Mindanao.  Different strokes for different folks. Now, I'm gonna close this post and off to do the errand.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Amor on October 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM said...

How to apply Mei Mei face powder to put away pimples, and how to apply it as a makeup?

loida on July 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM said...

mei mei powder is being manufactured in Mandaluyong City. You can but it at any Chinese Stores in Divisoria

Gel-Tine on December 27, 2016 at 9:15 AM said...

Hi writer. You can buy it in toril. There's a small stand outside nelly's commercial that sells it. My grandma swears by it, saying she used it to cure pimples when she was still young.

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot