Friday, August 6, 2010

Blogging and Grammar

Posted by The Queen Bee at Friday, August 06, 2010
This is one of the few times that I have been hopping from blog to blog to drop Entrecards and read interesting posts. There are particular blogs that I do visit regularly because I find them interesting and the posts are well-written which is undoubtedly the result of thoughts that are nicely put together. I wish there were more of these blogs here in blogosphere because honestly, there are more of those that are simply gibberish .

Offline, I admit to be too critical about people committing grammatical errors just like most of the people in my sphere. That is why we are careful about the things that we say and when we hear somebody say something that's not grammatically correct, we immediately correct that person if we feel that he or she is open to it since there are those who take that in a bad light too. And this is what I notice about some bloggers. I admire those bloggers who welcome corrections and comments and take them positively because these are the real people who are intelligent enough to take constructive criticisms which could help them improve their writing skills.

Blogging can be quite tedious for those who really care about writing good posts. One of the direct measures by which we can determine whether a post is good or not is grammar usage and spelling. I admit that I am guilty of this too because more often than not, I rush in doing my posts and I seldom find the inspiration to write a really good post. In short, I am a lazy blogger and that is why I don't blog regularly.

I am not a good writer but at least, I want to try to make good posts because I believe bloggers owe it to their readers. When somebody reads my post, I want to make them feel that it's worth their time.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Lakbay on August 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM said...

amen. :) sometimes i commit those mistakes too.

Beng Gee on August 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM said...

I agree 100%! Admittedly I'm not a good writer. he he.. but i love good writers such as you. that's why I'm a fan.

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot