Saturday, April 10, 2010

My pooch is catching up on me

Posted by The Queen Bee at Saturday, April 10, 2010


Max II, my chocolate brown labrador retriever had his trip to the vet clinic yesterday afternoon for another shot of heart guard, vaccine against heart worm infections. The vet says, dogs can get it out of mosquito bites. It has been raining several times the past week so our basement is filled with water again and that causes the attack of the pesky mosquitoes again.

Max II tipped the scales yesterday and he now weighs 36 kgs. at 8 mos. old, he's 2 kgs. overweight according to his doctor. I guess dogs have their own way of knowing it because I have observed that Max seemed to have put himself on a self-imposed diet the past two weeks. He hardly finishes his meals and would seem so excited to go for early morning walks. Like his owner, he's been trying to shed off some extra poundage.

I only wish he knew though, losing weight is not an easy feat. It takes a lot of hard work and even more lots of self-control. I can manage to meet the hard work part but I surely fail on the self-c0ntrol part.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Becca's Barkery on April 11, 2010 at 11:57 AM said...

Well here's the thing both dogs and people need exercise. Now you have a reaon for a walk. I have never met a dog who has refused a walk. He will love even more and once you get back get a drink and give him a treat. But it needs to be Becca's Barkery. You say were just go to Amazon/Drugstore.com. Becca's Barkery is making Tails wag one biscuit at a time. We love you already for being a dog owner.

shal on April 17, 2010 at 4:36 AM said...

yay! your dog looks really cute! i love labs myself :)

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot