Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Lazy Driver

Posted by The Queen Bee at Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I am driving again after several months of being away behind the wheel. I used to be so confident with my driving skills then and was so excited to drive when our car was new and because I had just acquired the skill. The excitement primarily came from the fact that driving was a new thing to me that I enjoyed it easily. It gives me that feeling of control whenever I am on the road. But then I got too tired of it easily too. On the road, one gets exposed to a lot of unpleasant things. These are the things that got me tired of driving, the long and exhausting traffic that a driver has to go through everyday in a busy city, undisciplined drivers that drives you nuts and thoughtless pedestrians who don't give a damn.

Those things are reality once you hit the road but everyone's got to face them. So, in as much as I would like to retire my driving shoes, I can't seem to do so. It's either I drive or I deal with annoying taxi drivers just so I could get to my destination. I hate commuting in jeepneys too because I am allergic to smoke, I only get to do that on rare occasions now. I still prefer to ride in a taxi because for one, it's airconditioned and two, I don't get to inhale carbon dioxide.

But the real reason behind my qualms in driving mainly streams from the fact that our car, being a few years old now, is acting up. We have already had it overhauled and re-painted just so we could determine which part causes the problem. I am lucky enough not to be caught in mid-traffic because the engine stopped running, and that's because I am too lazy to drive that I don't get to use it. hehehe.... Last Saturday, I almost lost my cool when it starts to feel as though, it would stop and I am in an intersection and the light just turned green. Thank God, the engine didn't die on me. I am thinking that it could be the tires so I am looking for a Tire Review right now so I could fix this problem. Our car's really been trying to get some attention the past few months. Sigh!



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Vernz on April 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM said...

Hi thanks for dropping by ... exchange links ... granted! added this blog to three of my blogs here! Check it out...

Please add this three blogs to your links too!

Some Things Are Free
Woman’s elan vital
In This Side of Town

♥peachkins♥ on April 21, 2010 at 5:41 PM said...

Visitng you back...

It's nice to get to know you much better.Dropping by from BC Blogger's Party


blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot