Monday, February 22, 2010

My World: Paradise Island Beach Resort

Posted by The Queen Bee at Monday, February 22, 2010




I am very vocal about how I am not a big fan of the beach. I could list some of the reasons why I don't like soaking under salty waters or simply bumming around the beach and here's a few:
  • the sun makes my eyes squint
  • it gives me that sweaty, sticky feeling on my skin
  • the beach makes my hair dull and dry
  • I am sure to get a migraine headache after a day in the beach
  • I don't like getting sun burns



I could go on and on... but the beach undeniably gives that feeling of serenity especially when you look at the horizon where the blue sky and the wide deep blue sea meet. A week before my sister returned to Abu Dhabi after a month-long vacation, we decided to go to Paradise Island Beach Resort in Samal City. The beach resort is only a 7-minute boat ride from Davao City for a fare of P15.00 per person. The entrance fee is reasonably priced at 100 pesos per head plus you get to use the table and chairs for free. Bringing your own food is not prohibited although they charge corkage fees for drinks. They also have a grilling station so you can prepare your lunch if you want it to be fresh from the grill.

For such a cheap price, you get to enjoy not only the sea at Paradise Island Beach Resort but you also get to engage in several activities such as jet skiing, playing billiards and table tennis, strolling at the bird park or children get to have a good time at the playground or by watching their free magical show every Sundays.

At the end of the day, I went home with sun burned face, sticky feeling, disheveled hair and a migraine later but when I get to recount the memories of that day at the beach, it was priceless.

This is my entry for this week's edition of:



See more worlds at My World.




Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Laikka on February 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

weee... so nice there! hehhe.

have a nice day always!

Carolyn Ford on February 22, 2010 at 4:02 PM said...

Beautiful! Do you wear good sunglasses? The ocean offers such amazing scenic opportunities that I hope you over-come your dislike of it...especially since you are surrounded by ocean in the Phillipines! Your pictures are very beautiful!

Sylvia K on February 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM said...

I have to echo what Carolyn has said and I do hope you can over-come your dislike of the ocean. It's one of my favorite places and I can never get enough of it. But of course, the climate here in Washington/Seattle is quite different and heat is not the problem. Your pictures are indeed very beautiful! Have a great week!

Sylvia

ewok1993 on February 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM said...

Reason why I don't like going to the beach in the PI - I get dark too quickly.

Reason why I hesitate to go to the beaches here - water is always too cold.

In summary, I simply love to go to the beach whatever the conditions. It does give you the sense of calm.

J Bar on February 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM said...

Great place.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Japa on February 23, 2010 at 12:26 PM said...

It's got all the ingridient of a great hideaway. A beautiful place and good photos here.

Mark Kreider on February 23, 2010 at 6:10 PM said...

I am all about the beach, the water, the shore culture, the peace that it brings and the beauty to be observed.

zeal4adventure on February 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM said...

The beach looks wonderful and the water so inviting. I on the other hand love the water. My advice is to stay away from the sun between 10am - 2pm. That's when it's scorching. Hope you'll learn to love our beaches coz we have loads of them! :-)

Icymar "Iceman" Tagimacruz on February 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM said...

woow.. nice blog you've got..

.....Iceman

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot