Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Coffee Cat

Posted by The Queen Bee at Wednesday, September 02, 2009


Patience is a virtue but sadly, Patience is not my virtue. So instead of patiently waiting for another 15 minutes or so for the bazaar at the Davao Trade and Convention to open at 4:00pm last Saturday, I prodded my sister to have merienda at a nearby place. We've always loved Verde Bar when my Tita Malou was still here in the Philippines so my sister wants to eat there while I wanted to try out Coffee Cat since the place is new. I gave in to my sister's demands so we hurriedly walked to Verde Bar located in the row of restos just beside the Convention Center where the bazaar was held. It was closed because the restaurant closes at 2:00 pm and resumes operation late in the afternoon. So, I was happy because I won, we had to try Coffee Cat.

There were a couple of tables that were occupied when we entered the coffee shop. I was quite pleased with neat ensemble of black and white that I totally forgot that I naturally blended in with the furnitures as I was wearing white shirt and had a black bag with me. I so belong to the place. When we placed our orders at the counter, I was quite distracted with the baristas consciously trying to speak in straight english while explaining to us their best-seller. I settled for a Mocha Chip Avalanche since I was in no mood to have hot coffee in a scorching hot afternoon. After we paid the bill, we realized we no longer have enough moolah to do our shopping. hahaha... They're quite expensive compared with the other coffee shops here. But the Mocha Chips Avalanche that I had was very much worth it, the Caramel Mango Avalanche was way too sweet that it can be irritating to the tonsils. We also ordered Napoletana (spaghetti) and a Fudge Brownie. I'd say that I still love Chicco di Cafe's rocky road brownie which is so unforgettable. nom nom nom.. Ask if I'd still come back, yes I will because my equally coffeholic sister will be coming home from Manila and so she'll have to treat us for another round of coffee break.

Wanna be a second rate trying hard coffee cat? You can meow your way to F. Torres St., Davao City. You won't be lost, I assure you. When you begin to smell Durian, you're in the right direction.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

AbBy on September 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM said...

wow..nice shots for this one nelle! giunsa nimo pag tapad2 sa mga pics just like that?

Gorgeous Nelly on September 3, 2009 at 6:41 AM said...

hi avs, gitapad lang nako siya after nako gi-upload sa blogger. thanks sa pagbisita.

online writer on September 5, 2009 at 11:54 AM said...

I miss Davao, my hometown.I used to frequent F. Torres when I was still based there but I didn't notice this cafe.This is new I guess.Is Liquid (in Apo View) still alive?

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot