Friday, August 7, 2009

Kadayawan Festival 2009

Posted by The Queen Bee at Friday, August 07, 2009
It's August and it's time once again for the most colorful and liveliest festival in the Southern part of the Philippines, the Kadayawan Festival of Davao City. This year will be the 24th celebration of the Kadayawan Festival which will be holding the theme "Nahiusang Katawhan Nakigdagit sa Kalibutan" (One People in Communion with the Earth). The festival is set on August 17-23, 2009.



Among the highlights that I anticipate every Kadayawan Festival is the Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan and the Float Parade. This year, I am bent on going out to the streets to witness it and take plenty of photos (God-willing) which I missed last year. The Agri Trade fair is also a personal must-see because every year, me and my sister always have this shopping frenzy for flowering plants.

For tourists, this is actually the best time to visit Davao City because you are surely in for a lot of delightful treats of sights and sounds but more interestingly, it's the best time to experience Davao's bountiful harvests. I smell durian everywhere, its aroma, disgusting it may be for some, never fails to stimulate my appetite for it. Check out the complete schedule of activities for this year's Kadayawan Festival through www.kadayawan.com.

See you in Davao!


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

dyosa on August 9, 2009 at 3:21 AM said...

I'm planning to fly to DVO for this festival. I'm crossing my fingers.

Gorgeous Nelly on August 15, 2009 at 3:07 AM said...

Hi Dyosa, I hope you could come to Davao and that you'll have a grand time during your stay. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a nice day.

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot