Saturday, May 2, 2009

Photo Hunt #15: Walking

Posted by The Queen Bee at Saturday, May 02, 2009



Walking around while carrying a heavy weight on one's shoulder is not an easy task most especially if one does it for a living. The photo above shows a worker in General Santos city Fish Port Complex carrying a gigantic tuna that must have weighed like the earth on Hercules' shoulder.

It was during the 2nd Mindanao Bloggers Summit in General Santos City and a first time for me and two of my friends to join. Part of the itinerary for the second day of the summit which was graciously spearheaded by Kuya Avel Manansala of Bariles Republic was a trip to their Fish Port. I must say that it's one of the best and the cleanest Fish Port that I have visited because there's not a sight of even a single fly inside the vicinity. Gen. Santos City is considered to be the Tuna Capital of the Philippines because of it's abundant supply of Tuna, a part of which is also exported to other countries. Thus, if one buys tuna from Gen. Santos City or from the Philippines for that matter, I can guarantee you that it's the best.

So much for chit-chats, this also happens to be my entry for this week's Photo Hunt. No, not the tuna but the man walking with a gargantuan tuna on his shoulder. To check out more Photo Hunters, click here.

15 comments:

Team Tabby on May 2, 2009 at 7:31 AM said...

My goodness, that tuna is almost as big as he is! Great photo.

Thanks for visiting us.

Ladykli on May 2, 2009 at 7:32 AM said...

Now that's some heavy duty walking! Thanks for visiting!

Colleen on May 2, 2009 at 7:36 AM said...

ewwww...that is quite the workout..yet gross! lol

Cold Spaghetti on May 2, 2009 at 7:47 AM said...

Love love LOVE fishmarket photos! One of my favorite photography experiences was during a job photographing in Lima, Peru -- we went to the pre-dawn fishmarket in Callao. Amazing!

Thanks for stopping over and I'm glad to find you. :-)

Mominin on May 2, 2009 at 7:52 AM said...

Great capture! It's kind of gross, though!!

Kim on May 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM said...

WOW! I forget how big they can get. Great shot for the theme.

Thanks so much for coming by mine and leaving me a wonderful comment.

TAB on May 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM said...

Cool!

srp on May 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM said...

My goodness, that is a big tuna.. Lot's of steaks from that fish indeed. Mine is up here.

jenny on May 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM said...

Very cool walking photo! I would never see anything like that where I live. Thanks for your comments!

Patricia on May 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM said...

Wow - that is one huge tuna. I'm trying to imagine how many cans of tuna they could get out of just that one fish!

Blessings!

Kelly on May 2, 2009 at 10:26 PM said...

A unique take on the theme of walking!
I wonder if that guy eats tuna for dinner, or if he's sick of the sight of them by then!

mamoi on May 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM said...

nice shot..

Tina on May 3, 2009 at 8:20 AM said...

i had no idea tuna could be so big!

Tita Beng on May 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

I love tuna sashimi. I guess I'll need so many chop sticks to finish that tuna. ha ha ha .. just kidding!
Nice photo shot indeed!

Cats~Goats~Quotes on May 4, 2009 at 8:34 AM said...

Interesting. Sorta makes me not want tuna. I guess if all of us had to get our own food, some would change.
Great photo for today!

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot