Friday, April 24, 2009

Photo Hunt#14: Protect

Posted by The Queen Bee at Friday, April 24, 2009




The photos above are taken at the site where the Battle of Mactan took place. Mactan, Cebu is a place that is very historical because this is where the first Filipino in the person of Lapu-Lapu, repelled European agression by fighting the Spaniards led by Ferdinand Magellan on April 27, 1521. Lapu-Lapu and his men were more than willing to give up their lives to protect their land from foreign invasion. For those who may not know this, the Philippines is under Spanish colonization for three hundred years.

About a year and a half ago, I visited Cebu for the first time and even if our stay there would be very brief as we were only staying for a day, we took time to visit this place where a national hero was made and where an important event in the history of the Philippines took place. It reminded me to take pride in being a Filipino, a race of brave and patriotic people. This is my entry for this week's

Check out more Photo Hunters here.





Bookmark and Share







10 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon on April 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM said...

That's an interesting historical document, thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend!

stan on April 25, 2009 at 5:38 AM said...

yes the we are indebted to those who'd come b4 us.

LaaGpayImo on April 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM said...

Nice take on the theme. I have never been to cebu and I plan to visit it one of these days.

Thanks for featuring our very first hero in your blog :-)

www.laagansagayud.com

Tara R. on April 25, 2009 at 5:55 AM said...

Excellent choice for this week's theme. Thanks for sharing the history too.

gigi on April 25, 2009 at 6:02 AM said...

I love it when I learn something about the art I am looking at. Great idea this week.

Happy weekend!

momgen on April 25, 2009 at 8:12 AM said...

yes that is a nice entry a history of the Philippines...happy weekend. Mine is also up.

Mine is here

Dragonstar on April 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM said...

This is obviously a very important place for you and for your people. I'm ashamed to say I know nothing of your history, so you have educated me today. Thank you.

Thank you as well for visiting me.

Sherry on April 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM said...

Thanks for sharing that information. I enjoy learning new things when I visit blogs.

Thanks also for stopping by my blog today.

Nanaybelen on April 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM said...

Hi Nelly nice historical pictures.

BTW, thanks for the comment mo sa aking post. Thanks for the info.Lam mo di ko alam talaga na may standard expiry date. Mabuti ito at hindi malito ang mga ibang taong hindi nakakaalam , katulad ko.

Happy Sunday!

MJ on April 29, 2009 at 3:20 PM said...

oooh good idea for the theme!
BTW you have been tagged!
http://mareejaeger.blogspot.com/2009/04/tagged.html

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot