Monday, April 6, 2009

My First Attempt at Triple Draw Poker

Posted by The Queen Bee at Monday, April 06, 2009
My brother bought a new deck of cards earlier today. So after dinner, we gathered around the dining table to play card games. After a few rounds of Tong-its, my sister introduced a new game to us. It was one of those unfamiliar poker games that is called triple draw poker. It is a kind of poker game that uses the five card draw format.

This game is so new to me since as I have mentioned in my recent post, I am just beginning to learn how to play poker. For beginners like us, she opted to teach the a-5 lowball card game wherein the best hand in this game is the A-2-3-4-5. She said there is another variation which is the 2-7 lowball which I guess uses the cards 2 to 7 as the best hand. But that's only how far I can manage to absorb this poker game. I don't know but maybe my comprehension skills with regards to card games is relatively poor. Expectedly, I lost in all five games that we played. I need a lot of practice so to speak. I guess the myth about beginner's luck doesn't work for me so better try my luck next time.

Nonetheless, it was a fun way to end the night. After all, it's going to be another day in the office tomorrow which will surely be another toxic day considering that it's going to be a long holiday starting on Thursday.





0 comments:

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot