Monday, February 2, 2009

The World on His Shoulders

Posted by The Queen Bee at Monday, February 02, 2009
Just about this minute, I am reminded of my co-worker who is restless nowadays because of the recent realignment of jobs in our department. He is now designated to head one of the sections and that meant increased responsibilities for him. No matter how hard we try to encourage and reassure him that everything is going to be alright and that the tasks he'll be doing is fairly easy, still he is filled with so much anxiety.

Yet again, this morning I saw him as if he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and I was already tempted to tell him that there's way much bigger problems in the world like addiction recovery than what he is experiencing right now.

So what reminded me of him? I accidentally bit my tongue and like the old filipino folktale says, somebody is talking about you when you do bite your tongue. So I ask my sister to give me a number and that number corresponds to its equivalent letter in the alphabet in which the name of the person talking about you starts. In this case, he's the first person to cross my mind.

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla on February 4, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

Hi Nellie,
May I invite you to please join Filipinos Unite!!!. You may do so by commenting on my blog stating your name, address, name of blog and its url or by sending an email to melalarilla@gmail.com containing the same set of information. Thank you very much. God bless.

Marites on February 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM said...

kaila ko ani hehehehe!

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot