Monday, February 2, 2009

NTC to require license to blog?

Posted by The Queen Bee at Monday, February 02, 2009
Shocked, baffled and agitated with raised eyebrows to match my demeanor is how I would describe my formerly calm and collected self when I caught sight of this article that read "Do you have a license to blog?" under the Technews section of the Manila Bulletin Online in its January 27, 2009 issue.

Late last year when blogging has slowly found its way to the consciousness of filipinos as an additional source of income, I already had my mind open to the possibility of government intervention since issues such as taxes are also being brought up. It's fine if they tax people who earn online just like any regular worker who pays taxes. However, blogging is not only for those who want to earn online. There are also people who blog just for the fun and freedom of being able to express themselves through this avenue. I have a few friends who actually blog just so they could keep a daily journal.

My take on this? Well, if this is just another way for the agency to get additional income , I suggest they try blogging. It will surely reap them more rewards than getting people to pay just so they could blog.


1 comments:

Euroangel on February 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM said...

nice post..pati ba naman kakapiranggot na kita iinitan pa nila...huwag na lang kaya silang mangurakot...hehehe..thanks for the visit!!

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot