Monday, February 23, 2009

The Most Searched How To's in the Internet

Posted by The Queen Bee at Monday, February 23, 2009
The top ten countdown of anything "Ang pinaka" on QTV 11 is one of my favorite shows to watch on Sundays. Here, host Rovilson Fernandez reveals the top ten of the hottest whatever topic for the week is as voted by a group of experts or as validated by a statistical body.

For last week's episode, they featured a countdown on the top ten most searched " how to" in the internet (of course, by filipinos) according to Google. Undisputably, the internet is a vast resource of knowledge on almost everything and if there is one thing that you want to learn about, you just type it in the search box and in a snap, the information that you need is right in front you.

Going back to the show, I was a bit surprised to learn that the lesson that most filipinos search is (you might be surprised too!) "How to Kiss". That sounded insanely funny to me because personally, with all honesty, I can say that I have never researched about kissing nor do I know somebody who does. I just don't want to spoil the thrill maybe. But, not until now when I got sort of curious about having an instruction manual on something as personal as kissing. Hehehe...

Anyways, here's the top five most searched lessons on the internet:

5. How to Drive - I guess there's no need to explain this since almost everyone probably has the desire to learn how to drive save for those who have fear running an automobile. It is also common for guys to have a natural love for cars.

4. How to Overclock - I am not a techie person so this word is so new to me. I learned that this term means making your PC work faster. According to Abe Olandres, a resource person for the show and yes, a pro-blogger (his blog is one of my favorites), Overclocking is basically about tinkering your computer to make it work faster than its normal speed. Oh so that's what it means.

3. How to Sing - It's no secret that we filipinos love to sing our hearts out, whether it be in our shower or during family gatherings. The videoke is always present in every special occassion so this explains why most of us would want to know the proper way of singing.

2. How to Draw - If there's one talent that I would want to acquire, that would be learning how to draw. Sadly, I don't have any talent for this so there's nothing more I could add to that. hehehe..

But did you ever wonder why kissing topped that list, it still didn't sink in to me. Nevertheless, I learned something new, hope you did too.


6 comments:

Agnes on February 23, 2009 at 6:02 AM said...

a total surprise. my guess would have been something like

"how to become a millionaire"

or

"how to lose weight"

etc.

Summer on February 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Hi there,
nice post here.
Thanks for sharing to us..=)
Keep on writing friend.
Hope to see you on my blog too..:)

partyphile on February 26, 2009 at 6:04 AM said...

hahaha..how to kiss..i can understand..i mean, who hasnt been curious about being a good kisser...

but how to draw?!? my god..if u suck at drawing..give it up already..instead, gtrab a frosted glass, some vodka and ice...just party...ur probabaly good at that

hahaha

or not...


anyways..thanks for visitng my blog, and if ur from sdavao, please buy a copy of edge business weekly...i have a column there based on my blog

see? bloggers still have a chance to grab the mainstream, newspaper-reading crowd!

keep writing, love!

AbBy on February 27, 2009 at 6:35 AM said...

really, surprising to know that it topped the list...i didn't know that how to drive tops too, between singing and dancing...i thought dancing would top...anyway, lahi man gud ang mga how to nato nga naning mahimong pro-blogger...heheheh

peppermayo on February 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM said...

hi! i have a lot of fun hanging around here too! pls do come by soon...

i read this somewhere, hope i can watch that show...

funny how people run to google for questions on how to kiss, huh! come to think of it, no professional can really teach anyone how.

Jona on March 19, 2009 at 9:35 AM said...

i went to thinking feeling love doesn't mean you will kiss good already but there is a right way to do it.
thanks for visiting! paying you one :)

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot