Saturday, January 31, 2009

Photo Hunt #4: Furry

Posted by The Queen Bee at Saturday, January 31, 2009

This is the famous tarsier of Bohol. The picture was taken during our vacation in Bohol more than a year ago when we visited their sanctuary at Loboc. Tarsiers are nocturnal creatures which means they sleep during the day and comes alive at night. These creatures have very big eyes, although in this shot, I caught him with his eyes closed and appears to be begging for food. We saw them being fed with crickets and other insects. It is also prohibited to take pictures with flashes on because the tarsier's eyes are so sensitive. This is my entry to this week's PhotoHunt.



4 comments:

PowersTwinB on January 31, 2009 at 8:57 PM said...

Oh my! I think I am afraid of that little critter! Is it in the monkey family? or more like bats? Very original for the hunt! MY hunt is up, please come and visit when you can

Lene on February 1, 2009 at 3:47 AM said...

Haha.. Funny, furry creation ;)

philos on February 1, 2009 at 6:41 AM said...

Wow! Beautiful entry! I'd never seen one but I sure would love to. Good job! :)

Heart of Rachel on February 2, 2009 at 6:26 AM said...

I've never seen a tarsier up close before. I think they are fascinating animals.

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot