Friday, October 10, 2008

Cheap but Delicious Donuts

Posted by The Queen Bee at Friday, October 10, 2008
While waiting for my mom to arrive here in our favorite meeting place, yes, it's Mister Donuts in Victoria Plaza, I was bitten by the shutterbug and decided to take snaps of the food counter. This must be the umpteenth time that I have taken a picture of those donuts. I don't know, but I just love looking at them.

I have just discovered recently that Mister Donuts has been founded since 1950's in North America and was the biggest competitor to Dunkin Donuts. Here in the Philippines, there has been quite a few names in the Donut business who are slowly building their own niche in the market. Krispy Kreme and Go Nuts! Donuts are some to name a few. But we, from Davao City only get to taste it as a pasalubong from friends or loved ones who have been to Cebu or Manila.

I doubt that those names will flourish in Davao though, at this point in time, knowing that being a Davaoeño myself, we are used to having affordable prices for our food. This is why food chains like Mister Donut will survive here because for a price starting at Php3.oo, you can buy a donut (it's just a smidget though).

0 comments:

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot