Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I went to Church..

Posted by The Queen Bee at Wednesday, June 04, 2008
This is one of the most beautiful churches that I have been to. It resembles like that of a castle and the color is so cool to the eyes. This is the Our Lady of Light Parish in Calape, Bohol. This picture was taken during my vacation with my officemates in Bohol last year. Though Bohol is popularly known for its world-famous Chocolate Hills, which by the way, is among the country's contenders for the new seven wonders of the world, unknown to many, is also a historical site. Here, you will find many of the oldest churches in the Philippines.
I was fascinated to see each of these churches that we have visited that day. It feels good to be in places that have been there long before our great grandfathers. It was one rich experience considering that we don't have those edifice here in Davao. The experience made me go back to my roots as a Filipino for being reminded that we were once colonized by Spaniards. There, you will see traces of Spanish Colonization which you will not see in the city I am living in.


0 comments:

 

Coffee+Nellybean= :D © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot